Monday, February 9, 2009

action

I read a fascinating share today about someone who defines her higher power simply as "action."

Came to believe that action could restore me to sanity (this is so true for me!).

Made a decision to turn my will and my life over to action (or perhaps made a decision to commit my will and my life to action).

Humbly acted such that my shortcomings are removed.

Continued to improve my conscious awareness of action, seeking only knowledge of what that action should be and how to best carry it out.

Those are my translations of incorporating "action" into the steps as a higher power - I think that it's very powerful and could probably work for many people, myself included. While I have been defining my higher power as the 12 steps & 12 traditions, I am always looking for other good, non-deity ways of interpreting the steps, and this is just one more to add to the file. I thought I would post it for anyone else who might be interested.

No comments: